Monday, November 16, 2009

My first turkey cookin' experience!

I must say, I was really excited to host an early Thanksgiving dinner at our house for all of our friends; however, I also was really nervous because that meant that I would have the responsibility of cooking the turkey. I don't cook. Wait, I didn't cook...

I do think over the past five months I have grown leaps and bounds in the cooking arena--- I haven't totally ruined anything and most things have been alright, if not delicious.

I read hundreds of reviews on allrecipes.com and got advice from others and decided on a recipe. The secret was to cook the turkey upside down in the roasting rack for the first 2/3rds's of the time and then flip it over to get the top (pretty part) brown. All of the yummy juices drip into the breast of the turkey and make the meat super juicy!!!

Here's the recipe I found on allrecipes.com and I followed the instructions exactly (I'm not quite at that point where I can "just throw things in"... maybe, one day).

No comments:

Post a Comment